Bipolar Awareness Certification
One in six adults have a common mental health condition, and 1% have bipolar disorder. Awareness and understanding of mental illness can go a long way in promoting mental health not just in affected individuals but society as a whole.
This course contains a practical overview of bipolar disorder, its causes, treatment and the impact it has on an individualâ€™s everyday life. It also outlines the steps employers and workers can take to support someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
What You Will Learn
- What bipolar disorder is, the main symptoms and the signs that accompany depressed, manic and mixed episodes
- How bipolar is diagnosed, why it is important to treat it in a timely manner and how it is treated using medication and therapy
- The challenges faced by people living with bipolar disorder and how lifestyle changes can help them manage the condition
- How and why employers should support workers with bipolar disorder and how to uphold the legislation that protects people with the condition from discrimination
Benefits of Taking the Course
- If you know someone with confirmed or suspected bipolar disorder, this course will give you a valuable insight into their condition
- If you work with someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder, this course will help you support them in a sensitive manner
- If you are a business owner or manager, this course will highlight your obligations under the law with regards to supporting someone with a chronic mental illness
- If you work in an HR role or have an interest in occupational health, you will benefit from this insight into the difficulties people with bipolar disorder face in the workplace