The GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, is an important part of EU and international law. This regulation protects the personal data of EU citizens, outlining the ways that businesses are responsible to store, protect and process it. The goal of this course is to give you a deep understanding of the legislation itself, as well as how it may apply to any business that you work in. Although the GDPR is implemented officially in the EU, it is actually a respected regulation all over the world. Not to mention, any international business that deals with the data of EU citizens is still expected to adhere to these regulations. In this course, you will learn about all the necessary definitions within the GDPR as well as how to properly comply with it.
You Will Learn:
- About what the GDPR is and how it applies to people and business-owners across the European Union and the world.
- About when the GDPR was introduced and implemented, as well as what it aims to protect.
- The seven main principles of the GDPR.
- About what each principle governs and how it is monitored by law and regulation.
- About the risks, fines and penalties for non-compliance of the GDPR.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will understand the importance of the GDPR as it relates to business conducted in the EU or with relation to EU clients.
- You will be able to prove your understanding of the GDPR on a CV and show potential employers that you understand this important piece of regulation.
- Understand what data is and the different types of data governed by the GDPR
- Understand how you and your workplace are held accountable legally for upholding the GDPR.
- Understand the fines relating to the GDPR and the benefits of adhering strictly to these regulations.