Introduction to Reptile Care
While certain species of reptiles can make fantastic pets, even for beginners, knowledge about their unique environmental, dietary and medical needs is crucial.
Caring for a reptile differs from other types of pet care, as reptiles have very different requirements than birds or mammals. Reptiles that do not have these needs addressed often fall sick and may not be able to enjoy long lifespans.
This course gives you a thorough introduction to proper reptile care split into two modules.
The first module addresses general environmental needs, while also providing a brief overview of reptile ownership.
Our second module dives into the medical issues that your reptile may face, along with the nutritional requirements that responsible reptile owners must fulfil, if they are to raise happy and healthy reptiles.
You Will Learn:
- The specific things you should keep in mind, when picking out a reptile
- General information on popular reptile species
- Recommendations on which reptiles are ideal for beginners and which ones first-timers should avoid
- Rules and regulations regarding reptile ownership, and how to make sure that you do not violate any UK laws
- An overview of the environmental needs that you must meet, to ensure that the reptiles in your care stay healthy
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn about the ailments that reptiles frequently suffer from, along with how to identify the symptoms of each one
- Learn general strategies that you can use, to prevent illness from occurring and reduce the risk of it spreading to your other pets
- Learn how to complete a health check, along with what to do, if you notice that something is wrong
- If you work in reptile sales, you can learn more about the environmental conditions that you need to maintain, to ensure optimal health
- If you are a reptile owner, work in reptile sales or care for reptiles, learn more about recommended cleaning techniques and the frequency with which these techniques should be implemented