How to Calculate Net and Gross Pay
Good payroll management is key to the running of a business. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple matter now that we have software packages able to calculate tax, National Insurance contributions, and other deductions that need to be taken off an employeeâ€™s payslip.
However, it is still essential that you understand the basic concepts underlying these calculations. In this course, you will learn the differences between net and gross pay.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by the term â€œgross payâ€ and how it is calculated
- What is meant by the term â€œnet payâ€ and how it is calculated
- The most common types of deductions displayed on a payslip
- Why a high-quality payroll package is an essential business tool
- When you should consider manually checking your payroll figures
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for overseeing a payroll at work, this course will help you fulfil your duties
- This course will prevent you from making mistakes that could cost your business considerable time and money in the long run
- This course will help you work with employees to resolve any difficulties and discrepancies relating to pay
- This course will help you decide who requires payroll training in your business, which is useful if you work in an HR or training role